click on photos to enlarge

July 4, 2010

July 4th Weekend


Saturday afternoon ~
I had never before seen how the big round bales of hay were baled ~
this was in the field next to our house....pretty cool!



Saturday evening we took a ride in the woods....
( I love rides in the woods)
We saw several deer...
(always on the look-out for a bear....maybe someday-not today)

Over the river and through the woods......
I got up at 5:30 AM and packed a lunch , and we were off to Leelanau - went to Leland my favorite town. 
 I ALWAYS take a pic of Falling Waters Lodge - we have stayed there several times and I love it!
Today we visited the park - for the first time. 
There were many pretty roses and this very cool wall border made of tiles - very unique.
Then we headed back to the other side of the peninsula....
Bob stopped and bought a CHERRY pie --
(it is the Cherry festival after all)


We stopped at a little roadside park - at the end of the peninsula - just before coming into Traverse.
We deicided this would be a good place to watch the air show - -
not so many people as downtown.
Here we are waiting...it was so hot....
FINALLY
The Navy Blue Angels - the 2nd time I have been to Traverse to see them...
and again all I can say is
WOW!!




1 comment:

Staci said...

Looks like I need to visit more areas of our great state!!