click on photos to enlarge

July 7, 2010

Family

Yesterday was a great day for me.  One of the best days I have had since December 22 when I lost my mom.  Sis & I had asked our sons to have dinner with us this evening - even my nephew Randy, who lives in TN was coming --- mom had left a little something to her grandsons and Sis wanted us to all be together when we gave them their surprise gift from grandma.  We were to all meet at Lucky's Steak House for dinner.
But first Sis, Randy (my nephew) and  I went to my son Jay & Shelly's house to see "the boys".  I was so excited, I had only seen my new grandson's at the airport when they arrived from Taiwan...  I was ready for some hugs & kisses!!  Levi has chicken pox - he was not  able to come to the restaurant.  So we went to the house and I was so amazed at the enthusiasm these little guys had for EVERYTHING !!  My sister said it best- these little boys were soooo thrilled to see us and they didn't even know us!!  What a joy!! 
Unfortunately I did not take any pictures at the house, so I have no pictures of Levi today,  his Papa Whitehead and great Grandma Whitehead watched him while everybody else went out.

At the restaurant - Shelly and Ron
Landon waiting for his dinner.  Isn't this just the prettiest little face?? 

Landon is holding hands with his mom and his Aunt Sarah - saying grace. 
(How precious is that??)

Sister explaining why we were all here -
yes, she got a little choked up.
She explained how mom had expressed her desire to have the money in her checking account split between her 4 grandsons when she died.  (When asked by mom what I thought of the idea, I had said it's a good idea as long as you don't go without something you want so that you can keep a bigger balance and mom had said "oh I won't, if I have a dollar they will each get a quarter"  ---
so Sis said here's your quarter and I gave them their envelope.
I hope they were all pleasantly surprised!!


My nephew Rick - My sister Yevonne - My nephew Randy


1 comment:

Staci said...

Jeri,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I know how close you were and it breaks my heart to just be reading this. I've been naughty about not keeping up with your blog posts...I'm so sorry!

Thinking of you!
Staci