click on photos to enlarge

April 11, 2010

YELLOW

Today Bob took his paintbrush and headed to the kitchen.  I knew he had gotten another of his "deals" on some paint, but didn't know what color he got - I thought it was silly to even paint it - because he says his project next year is gutting the kitchen and "popping out" some walls. I thought an explanation about future plans as the people were headed out the back-door would be sufficient..... BUT, if people are coming through...he needs to paint.

I spent the weekend, looking at some things we bought on Friday for the "Azalea Room" and they just were not working.  (The very fact that I spent so much time thinking about it and worrying about it is  more than a little sad)......So I headed out to do some returns...YET AGAIN!
This shopping trip was the best one yet, I actually found what I wanted AND found it quickly... maybe because I am getting rather sick of this and my expectations (and standards) have lowered considerably.

Bob had suggested a yellow bedspread and I said, "I KNOW WHERE TO GET ONE!!  IF it isn't too bright, I really can't remember" 

Bob was mowing when I got home, I made 3 trips from the car to the kitchen (bought some groceries also) --- 2 trips upstairs, got everything put together and went to get Bob to get his yea or nay...

Now Bob was the one who had suggested the yellow quilt, so when he aked me how I liked the yellow - I said I really like it!  He said I think it is a little too bright!  Well I thought he was just giving me a hard time, as Robert has a tendency to do... so I said, "you didn't even see it, it's not bright at all". 

Bob says,  I am talking about the Kitchen Walls...
What are you talking about???
I went back into the house...
and couldn't believe my eyes....
                                                            
I had walked by these YELLOW walls 3 times and did not even notice!!!
This picture does not even show the INTENSITY of these walls!!
I laughed and laughed at my powers of observation or I guess I should say lack of powers of observation
(too darned focused on that crazy bedroom)
Anyway, I agreed with hubby....yep, a little too bright ----
He will fix it tomorrow.

No comments: