click on photos to enlarge

January 8, 2008

COLLECTIONS ~ Bob Finds the Cabinets ~ Jeri Fills Them

We bought this collection of dolls at a garage sale in Lexington. The lady selling them cried....and that made the lady buying them cry too. Mom helping me unwrap my collection of shoes.
When I was a little girl we would visit my mom's Aunt Maude. It seemed that everywhere I looked, windowsills, table tops, everywhere - I saw pretty little glass shoes.
I got my first shoe (the shell covered one on the left) in 1963. My newest shoe was given to me by my daughter-in-law Shelly, it is the cute little red shoe in the middle and on the right are some very special shoes that my cousin Janice brought to me from Finland. I wonder if she remembers them???

2 comments:

Shelly Marie said...

I forgot about that little RED shoe!!! =)

Anonymous said...

I thought your kids broke all your shoes :)