To celebrate Robert's birthday,
we went back to Grand Marais
As we were out looking around town, we saw...
So off we went --
lots of cute ideas and gorgeous flowers
At our last stop, I noticed the lady had some very cool rocks in her garden.
So I asked her about them and she said she had collected all of them in the area.
She said the boardwalk was a good place for collecting ---
but a VERY good place was about 8 miles down the road.
Soooo
off we went - down a very bumpy back road
actually it was 10 miles
THEN we had to walk to the water.
We traipsed up hills and down hills
and finally got a glimpse of
that beautiful blue water up yonder ...
BUT so far back to the car..
we had to pick and choose
which ones we would lug
up those hills.... and down those hills.....
On the ride back to town,
Bob asked if I wanted to check out the other "rock spot"
ABSOLUTELY!!!

Ahhh this place was a mere
hop skip and a jump from the car!
The rocks were smaller -
but I sure had fun playing in the water
while hunting them.
The day flew by -
soon it was time for another
delicious whitefish dinner
and another gorgeous light show in the sky...




1 comment:
You could collect rocks from every place you visit!!!
Post a Comment