click on photos to enlarge

April 16, 2012

Home

Got home at 1:00 AM yesterday.


My little ride took me home to Dawson, Ga.
 And I must say it felt soooo good to be there.
If my kitties had not been left at home in Michigan,
I would still be there....
The weather was perfect -
not too cold - not too hot.

Spent a couple days relaxing -


Enjoying the new swing in Plains.


I had a chance to do a little shopping,
visited all  my favorite stores.....:]
THEN it was time to get busy!

We were going to paint the fence


But Bob decided to first try spraying it with bleach....
it looked so good we decided we wouldn't paint after all -
instead I went to the dollar store for more bleach!!!

Every year a little bird builds a nest in the light fixture
right in the middle of the front porch
we have an identical light on the side of the porch...
but that is not where mama wants her nest.
When it  got time to clean the porch,
 Bob reached up and pulled the nest down...


glad he did it CAREFULLY....
the babies were just hatching!
He CAREFULLY put it right back....

Sometimes a little bird poop
in the middle of a clean deck,
is really not so bad....

SOON the week had gone by....
the house was nice and clean
on the inside and the outside
the bleach had worked wonders
on the fence and the porches

and we were off....
went to northeast Georgia
through the little town of Washington
to see the old houses.

then on to Bryson City, NC
and through the Smokies.....


The CHATTAHOOCHEE!


 Ice cream shoppe in Bryson City....
Bob ate the ice cream ---
I stayed with the theme and enjoyed my addiction...
DIET COKE :-)




Driving through the Smokies
always takes me back to my childhood
to when I visited there with mom & dad.
I don't remember just  how many times we went....

but I will never forget the time we went in the Fall
and the colors were magnificent.
We were actually on our way to Florida,
but dad stopped so often to take pictures,
we didn't have time to go to Florida!
I still remember the impression the colors made
on the mind of a little girl .......






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In and Out of town on a Turnip Truck....Great to see you...

Come Sit Awhile next time

Steve
Dawson, GA

Staci said...

I love your road trip photos and the story along with them!!