click on photos to enlarge

May 27, 2011

The Hummingbird Fiasco

They are baaaaack.........
The Hummingbirds are back!
I LOVE these little jewels
But this year I am having a little trouble keeping them in food.
On this day I had carried out the measuring cup with the feed
because the feed was dripping for some reason -
when I turned it over, the sugar water came pouring out...
it seems there was a split in the top of the feeder...

THEN I took the next one out and did not have the bottom screwed on right...
so that one dumped out on the deck too!
What a MESS!!!!
Then they were either empty in the morning or on the ground --
the raccoons had discovered our feeders
They even broke Bob the Bird Feeder!!!
This is the 1st one we caught - so far we have caught 2 and we know there is at least 1 more -
If I don't bring the feeders in at night they dump them and then lick the sugar water off the deck...
and they are smart enough to get the bait out of the live trap without getting caught...
they are driving me CRAZY!!!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Perfect place for those critters...behind bars!