In memory of my dad
Mearl S .Teachout
born June 1, 1915 - died Oct. 14, 1990
My dad loved growing flowers - taking movies - riding his bicycle - spending time with his grandsons -
But I think his greatest enjoyment came from dancing - preferably POLKA dancing!
These images were taken from a video shot in April 1987
at my parent's 50th wedding anniversary celebration -
That night was the last time I danced with my dad.
Sadly that dance was not recorded in a photo,
but it is recorded in my memory and in my heart
The lyrics from Dance With My Father by Luther Vandross
says it perfectly
If I could steal one final glance, one final step, one final dance with him
I'd play a song that would never end
'Cause I would LOVE LOVE LOVE
to dance with my father again



No comments:
Post a Comment