Yesterday we went back to Lexington for our grandson's Graduation Open House. I always love going back to Lexington, so we left the house early so we could spend some time enjoying the sights and sounds and smells of the place we used to call home.
We walked out on the pier -
I have walked that pier SO many times, the very best walks
were in the early morning just as the sun was coming up!
And of course I had to take a picture of our lovely little house. (on the right)
The beach is all grown up now ~
The yard looks nothing like it did when Bob was in charge
of planting and pruning and watering and mowing
THEN we went to the river...the place I miss the most.
Where Lake Huron meets the St. Clair River,
it is the place that I went to just BE.
It doesn't matter if it was buzzing with people (like today)
or completely still except for chunks of ice moving downstream in the winter
It has a way of mesmerizing me..so peaceful and tranquil.
All too soon it was time to leave ~
But that's OK it's time for Andrew's Party
I was impressed when we went to our Grandson Sam's open house - his mom had spent so much time creating posters of his school days (I posted some of them on my scrappin' blog)
Well she outdid herself this year.
This is only half of the table that was filled with memorabilia of Andrew
school photos and awards
and this is one of Andrew's pieces of art
and then I saw this .... taken at mom's 90th birthday party
of course it brought tears to my eyes.
Then Rachael brought me this
One all framed, for me to take home -- -
do I even need to say that it brought MORE tears to my eyes???
Thank You So Much, Rachael!
One thing I have discovered...
You can say I want a picture of you with the cake before it is cut--
But that doesn't mean that a young man will remember when his sweet tooth calls.
Oh well, pictures of Andrew cutting and serving his cake are much better!
And by all accounts......
That cake tasted mighty fine!!!
Congratulations Andrew ~
We Love You
and we sure did enjoy our day
celebrating YOU!
.jpg)

1 comment:
I wish you still lived in your sweet little house!! Andrew's party looks great and those photos were nice!
Post a Comment