We waited for another call ...figuring that whatever animal got the swan, would be back the next night for the other one. No call, but a couple of days later, the neighbors sent a pic of the surviving swan in their backyard! It appeared to be looking for his buddy. I was sure that if the coyotes did not come to get him, he would walk right to them! A couple of weeks later we got another call - there is now 2 swans on the pond ---must be a wild one landed---very aggressive, our swan goes up by the barn to stay out of it's way--- Finally it appeared that the "other swan" had flown away.
We have now been home almost 2 weeks and this morning our neighbor called saying "there is a swan in your front yard"...and yep our swan was in the pond! Well we thought that nasty wild swan was back.
Then, I spotted our swan, coming out of the pond...and he was in a butt-kicking mode for sure....
Well, I thought it was rather funny....you go guy!!! That nasty swan is not going to push you around!!
Bob went out the front and walked behind the "wild" swan and "steered" it around back -
straight to the pond.
BUT ---here comes "our" swan----
AND it was at that point ---when OUR swan was chasing that "wild nasty swan" away....
that we realized.....
This "wild" swan could not fly.....
this was our swan...
the one that had all of a sudden come up missing ..
without a trace... without a sign of a kill...
Later, Bob and I walked across the field to a nasty little pond
and there was our swan
we had food and when I said "come here pretty boy"
he swam right to us
later this evening we went back, again with some food -
and this time, we saw the band on his leg.
SO...while I am glad my swan is alive, I am worried about it out on that little pond
I WONDER why the swan on the pond, kept wandering off as if to find his "brother"
when it was HIS fault he was gone....
We realize that it is SPRINGTIME and we are blaming all this craziness on HORMONES
BUT HOW LONG DOES THIS MATING SEASON THING LAST????
I don't know how it will all end - BUT I do know....
that the swan that had my sympathy, because he was so LONELY....
NO LONGER has my sympathy... I am quite DISGUSTED actually...
and I am now worried about my "pretty boy" out on that nasty pond
who has somehow survived on his own the last 3 months.
Stayed tuned ....
And speaking of HORMONES.....
This would we a good place to mention my thoughts - -
that my fish...my koi
Might well be the best choice of pets for me....
Not like kitties, not like swans....
who cause my heart to break when they die
If I don't see my koi
It is simply because they are in the deep part of the pond!!!
YEP
YEP
For a 50 something woman
(whose hormones are as out of whack as a crazy ass swan)
FISH might very well be the best pets!
No comments:
Post a Comment